Tuesday, April 1, 2008

I LOVE MARCH MADDNESS


I have been meaning to write for awhile, but alas, work has been busy and other things have been occupying my time. But I wanted to share my excitement/obsession with the NCAA tournament currently going on. The following are reasons why this time of the year is so great. (And no, I'm not kidding...)


1. The NCAA tournament is one of the greatest sporting events, lasting 3 weeks!


2. I love college sports... they play with SO MUCH MORE HEART than the NBA players


3. The same team isn't always the best year after year, kids graduate, teams change.


4. Any team can win, there are always so many upsets with makes it SO EXCITING!


5. "The Dance" (aka the first 2 days of the tournament) is the greatest 2 days of sports...16 games on each day... which means total unproductively at work


6. On Demand plays all the games online! Meaning while working you can have half your screen work and the other half a BBall game ALL DAY LONG! (good think I'm good at multi-tasking)


7. Filling out a bracket with friends/coworkers provides entertainment, topic of conversation and lots of trash talking! (Yes I have 4 brackets) and am currently in 3rd place in one..


As most know, I love sports, and the NCAA tournament is up there as my favorite. This Sat is a big day being the Final Four and all... and of course I'm looking forward to it!


Even though BYU sadly lost YET AGAIN in the first round of the tournament... they played in Anaheim which was great because a group of us went to the game! Our seats were actually WAY up high (like 2nd row from the top) but we snuck down at the beginning of the game and ending up sitting 2nd row behind the press the entire game!! It was amazing to be so close and was so much fun! (Even though we lost) My friends were doing a good job of taunting the other team but BYU played so bad the first half of the game... So bad that my brother even sent me a gchat during the 1st half telling me "to do something to distract Texas A&M! Anything! Show them your boobs! BYU needs help!" Yes... it was desperate times... considering my older brother was telling me to flash Texas A&M. Since I wanted to stay and watch the whole game I kept my shirt on... I guess I'm not a true BYU fan... Maybe next year BYU will make it past round one... MAYBE.

2 comments:

giff.jenna.maddox.jordi nielsen said...

You're hilarious! I'm glad you have something to get you through the work day you busy little bee! That's awesome that you got to go to the BYU game and even more awesome that your brother would even think to have his lil sis flash college basketball players!

Lezlie said...

oh mia... you love the BALL!