Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Latest and Greatest

So I haven't updated in awhile, but lots has been going on in my life. Work has finally slowed down and the countdown to when I quit is in full force! Of course, I haven't decided what I want to do with my life AFTER I quit... but that will work itself out. So for all of you that know me, and know how many clothes I have, you'll be happy to know that I had a garage sale a month ago and literally got rid of 1/3 of my closet! (Yes, that means, I still have a ton of clothes, but not as many) The ridiculous part is that as I was going through my closet I was finding clothes that I wore Freshman year of college... so like 6 years ago. Even worse I think there were a few items that were from high school. Yes, high school. Thats just ridiculous. First of all, I don't even wear them so I have no idea why I still have them. Then there was the whole section of "someday I'll fit in these again", I finally came to terms with the fact that not only might I never fit in them again but even if I could they aren't in style anymore anyway!! So as you can see from the picture, it was quite the garage sale. Sadly you can't tell from this picture but there are piles of clothes on the ground that you can't even see. I told you... RIDICULOUS. But it felt good to get rid of a lot of stuff and since then, I havne't gone shopping at all. These are big steps for me!




After the garage sale we had a bonfire on the beach for Lezlie (farthest left in pic) because she moved back to Utah. I miss Lezlie and am still sad that she left us... but I'm excited for her new adventures in Utah. BTW, it was FREEZING that night on the beach... but still so much fun.



For conference I went to Park City to try to get in a couple more times on the mountain. I didn't expect the snow to be that great because It's April. But there was actually a HUGE storm that weekend. It was AMAZING! There was so much snow! It snowed like 2 feet on Monday. The picture gives some depiction of the amount of powder. I went to PC on Sat, and it was pretty good, but Monday I went to Canyons with Kristen and the snow was amazing! Thiegh deep powder at some points! Our legs were dead from boarding through all of it. We had fresh tracks the entire way down. It was a great way to end the season!

This Pic shows the crazy amount of snow outside my Park City condo! And it kept dumping ALL DAY! So this is just the early morning shot! Besides that the weekend was great having friends up to hang out and watch conference. Lauren made an amazing breakfast and it was great having a bunch of friends up to hang out.



Since Utah I've had lots of fun adventures.... weekend in SD, beach time, Magic Mountain (which is sooo amazing, I LOVE the rollar coasters!), the Getty Museum (really cool up in LA), amazing Sushi and Thai food, lots of frozen yogurt, walks on the beach, and much more. Life is great. Finally, the last thing i've seemed to be reminded again lately is
The minute you try to plan you life and think you have it all figured out, something comes along to change everything!
But, I guess that's what keeps life exciting!



















































































7 comments:

Matt and Joanna said...

I would have loved to have been at your garage sale... if I were only 10 sizes smaller!

Eric and Katie said...

Loved your pictures. I had so much fun seeing you when you were here - thanks for stopping by to see us. I miss you. I too would have loved to go to your garage sale. And can I just tell you how proud I am of you for getting rid of 1/3 of your clothes and not go shopping since! Who are you??? Congrats to you, I am very proud of you. Love you tons!

The Bertagna's said...

lol I love that you have so many clothes! Looks like you are having so much fun? When do you quit work?

Adam and Bri said...

Hey Mia! It was so much fun to see your comment on my blog and be able to reconnect! It's been forever since I've seen you. Can you believe it's been seven years since our freshman year? Crazy! Anyway, You look great and seem really happy — I'm so glad! Good luck with all of your adventures. Let's keep in touch!

Heather said...

xeoncholy cow- i never knew you had so many clothes- please take a picture of your closet- I would be curious to see what your closet looks like now with 1/3 less clothing in it! Seriously, all those clothes I see in the pic are yours? WOW- I know what you mean about the clothes that we hold onto for years with the thought of "someday i'll fit into them."
i better fit in my clothes after i have this baby otherwise I am in big trouble- i can't afford and don't want to buy clothes for a bigger Heather. looks like you are having fun- enjoy what time you have left at your current job- and possibly what time you have left in CA!

giff.jenna.maddox.jordi nielsen said...

Why wasn't I there for that garage sale! Mia, I've got to be honest with you, THAT IS JUST SICK! You gave away at least 5x as many clothes as I have total! lol The bonfire and trip to Utah looked like so much fun! I'm glad to see that you're living it up and I'm glad your next stop is DC! YAY! Can't wait!

Labrum Family said...

Mia,
I found your blog from Darci's. I am so excited. I love seeing your pictures and Ben and his family. So you came to Park City and didn't even come by Heber and say hi. You better next time!