Sunday, August 3, 2008

Adventures in CROATIA


My mom and I spent 2 weeks in Croatia. We did an REI adventure trip for 8 days which included days of hiking, biking and kyaking. Croatia is a beautiful country right on the Adriatic Sea with a variety of national parks. We spent days hiking around beautiful lakes and waterfalls, kyaking around islands and down river rapids, and biking around the countryside. The water is all crystal clear and an amazing blue color. The old cities were incredible, with the old city walls and cobblestone streets. We also spent a few days at the end relaxing and laying out in Split and Dubrovnik, enjoying a break from the group. I will post a slideshow of more pictures next since there were so many great ones. This is just a small sample...
The old city of Dubrovnik, looking from the wall over the city.

Kyaking down the river, and walking around the waterfall.

At the waterfalls in the national park near Trogir.

My mom and I on the wall in Dubrovnik... and yes sweating, as we were ALL week.

5 comments:

Doug & Darci said...

Ok, thanks for making me incredibly jealous. Looks like a blast!

Heather said...

Looks like a very fun and beautiful trip. I'd look at your other new posts, but when I begin to scroll the page freezes and I have to exit out.Strange.So I'll try later. If you go to my blog and go the post "Larson Family Pics" there is a link there- takes you to the pics Jon took and retouched at grandpa's party- there is a cute one of you and fam and one of just you and Nate :0) You can download or print them as well. I am waiting for the post that mentions an special up coming event...

megan said...

How fun!! What a great trip!! It was really fun to talk to you today! I'm excited to keep in touch through blogs!! And congratulations again!!

kelly l said...

what a fun trip. and how fun that you went with your mom. how's the wedding plans going?

Kirby said...

Okay you better be putting up a new post soon. Not only because it has been like a month since the last one but because you owe us some details... :) Can't wait to see you. Let me know if you will be coming to town to do wedding plans.