Thursday, September 4, 2008

Officially Engaged!!!


I know I am terrible about keeping up with my blog, and I have lots to update from my summer, but before I do that I knew I needed to post something about being engaged! Even though we've been planning the wedding for a month now, we just made it official last Tues! (The ring was getting made by my family friend in AZ, so it took a little longer). But I love it and I love being engaged, officially. He proposed by taking me to Balboa Park in San Diego, where we walked around and ate dinner at the Prado. The dinner was great and after we walked down to this courtyard below the restuarant which looked up to the lights on the patio and to a garden. It was just us and he said those things I wanted to hear and asked me to marry him! There was no production or other people involved, it wasn't cheezy, it was just us... which is totally Nate! It was great and its wierd to think I'm getting married in 50 days! I know, that's crazy. October 24 in San Diego, a temple which I've loved since childhood, so I'm very excited. I will post more about the upcoming wedding and will update from my summer soon. But here are some pics from the night and of my ring!

10 comments:

Aubrey Messick said...

Love the ring Mia! Gorgeous and well worth the wait. So I just realized when I saw your wedding date that I might not be able to make it to the reception. That's the day my little sister is giving birth to my little nephew in Arizona. Too many exciting things going on in everyone's lives right now. Isn't it wonderful!

Are you coming with us to Palm Springs next month for conference? It just wouldn't be the same without you!!!

Ryan Smart said...

On behalf of all who know Mia...CONGRATS!!! We are so happy for you guys. He is a great guy and very lucky! Your ring looks beautiful! Can't wait to hang out!

megan said...

Congrats again!! It's a beautiful ring!!

Amanda said...

That ring is gorgeous! I'm so bummed my family doesn't live in San Diego anymore, otherwise I'd have a good reason to come out and see you get married! Good luck with the planning and everything. You guys look great together!

Heather said...

Ahhh the post I have been waiting for! I only talk about the wedding plans every Sunday with your mom when Jon and I are there for dinner- sounds like it will be beautiful! CONGRATS! Your ring is gorgeous- love it. Similar to mine- a little- different cut and what not but the idea is the same. We have good taste :0) We wont be making it to the San Diego part but we will see the two of you in November! And you'll get to meet the new baby :0) 50 days- wow. It will be here sooooo fast!

Lezlie Wagner said...

it's official!!! whoop whoop!

Labrum Family said...

I heard from Darci the news! Congrats and your ring is beautiful. Best Wishes.

Erica said...

Your ring is beautiful! It turned out so nice! We are so happy for you! You guys make the best couple!

Kristen said...

I am so excited to see you. in ONE MONTH you will be married!

Wendle said...

I can't believe I just found you on here! Jeez! So I am so excited for two weekend from now. Wuhoo!! Here's to Oct. 24! Love ya hon!